Anyone loveeee Lasagna but hate how long it takes to actually make and then cook it? Well this is exactly how I feel. I want all the yummiest in one bite, but not the time it takes to cook it. So… introducing LASAGNA SOUP! All of the delicious ingredients, but takes half the time!
Heres what you’ll need….
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (You could also do 1/2 of it italian sausage as well)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- 4 cups beef broth (can add up to 4 more cups if you want a runnier soup)
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 package of lasagna noodles broken up
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup jack cheese blend, shredded
- parsley to garnish
So lets get cooking. If you have a dutch oven use that, but a plain large pot will work as well. Heat your dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Add in oil and then chopped onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until partly translucent. Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add in ground beef and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
(If necessary, drain)
Pour in pasta sauce, 4 cups beef broth, crushed tomatoes, and stir to combine.
Add in broken up lasagna noodles and allow soup to simmer for 8 minutes, or until noodles are al dente.
Add in heavy cream and cheeses, stir until combined.
Serve immediately and sprinkle cheese and parsley on top! Eat and enjoy!
Leave a Reply